CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Singgah D'Ayer Mulih

Okay, so the name is very Bruneian ethnic based on the Ayer Mulih ending. Ayer Mulih is a traditional Brunei design of inter-twined branches and leaves, in a circle which has no ending. 

Anyhow, back to my review. 

This restaurant to my best knowledge, recently opened its doors to the public somewhat back in April this year since I drive past it every working day :P Never did it dawned to me that I'd set foot into this eatery. I know the highlight of this place is Ambuyat. The ambiance is somewhat nice only then there's no ample lighting, I'd say, which didn't manage to impress me at all (afterall, it's Daddy who really wanted to try this place out). 

I was pretty ecstatic when I see the Cicah Pidada in the menu (p.s I got excited due to the fact that I watched how it was made on Rampai Pagi). The service is so-so, but the food, oh god! Seriously, failed to impress me, what more my picky father! The food came almost an hour after ordering, which left us really frustrated. And the Cicah Pidada was tasteless! FAIL!!!

 Overall, out of 5, I'd rate this place a 1.5. The owner really need to do some homework on how to cook Brunei traditional food and sit down with the senior citizens. 


The Menu, photocopied *yawn*


The Ceiling is the only thing that impressed me, they used kain songket.
I wonder is it plainly kain songket that you get elsewhere or the Jong Sarat? If its the Jong Sarat, it must be really expensive to put this place together!


Daging urat tumis, it's spicy and salty but the overall taste, it's plain bland.

The Cicah Pidada, tasteless!


This sayur pakis tumis failed to impress both mom and dad

The ambuyat and the cicah, the ambuyat for your information was runny and it managed to burn my esophagus! The only this that was yummy was the cicah binjai plus tempoyak

The banner by the entrance. I'd think twice before I set foot into this place again.

0 comments: