CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Glorious Sunday

It's Sunday again, and the hunt for food lives on! LOL! We went to this shop in Kiarong called Sakura Biru for breakfast. To me, the Kolo Mee there is, not quite the best, but it is yummy indeed. If you remember the container canteen by Boustead, this is the place. They've moved from the container canteen to this fixed premise. You should try all the mee(s), but what I had just now, to me was the best amongst all in the menu :P that's my view, what's yours? :P You be the judge! My rating, out of 5, 3.5 :D

My Kolo Mee Special - Got chicken, beef, fishcake and big prawn one! Nice! :P


And from there, the adventure begins! Haha not! Since I was driving, I had to wait while daddy and my sister went to get 'ikan pusu' at Tamu Kianggeh. This place is magnificent and sooo picturesque! One of the most important waterfront in Brunei, it used to be the highlight where people do most of their shopping for dry and wet fresh foods.

Tamu Kianggeh


Ta-daa! One of the oldest establishment which was renovated and re-opened recently :D


Next to it, is this old building. No maintenance!

Since we were on jalan-jalan adventure, I got tais liur that I had to stop over at Chop Jing Chew's bread shop in bandar to get this tart, which is like, my most favourite tart on the whole world! Looks weird, but you should try it! I promise its the best! And the pandan chiffon cake as well!


This is the tart that is like my most favourite thing in the world! Haha :P It's got this base, its not that tough, but its the inside that counts. The inside consists of own-made kaya and a sponge cake atop of it all. Sorry, I just had to bite into it! LOL! Indulgence!



Post that, we went to Pasar Borong, where you can find all sorts of veggies, chillies, fruits and such, for everyday consumption of you.

Avocadoes


Sweet Potatoes


Potatoes, Garlic and Dried shrimps of all sorts


My favourite ikan masin! :D Crispy!

Shallots, which, nowadays' price sky-rocketed due to the flood and affected the export of these beautiful babies


Soursop

And for dinner, we went to Lotus Family Restaurant located in Serusop. My family's favourite eatery :P LOL

This is called Jalebi, an Indian sweet

The Laddu


My Chicken Dosai


The beautiful Chutneys that you eat with the Dosai


Onion Pakoras


Kottu Paratha - Shredded paratha, fried with spices and veggies, yum!


Dhal Fry


Paneer Butter Masala


Brinjal Masala
and lastly


Le Plain Biryani :D My favourite!

0 comments: